Wednesday, March 13, 2013

What is Boredom?

I read this quote the other day stating that there is no possible way that a person could ever be bored. I didn't really think much of it at the time. Today my boyfriend texted me and asked me what I was doing.

I typed, in response, "I'm bored."

After staring at my phone for a good minute before allowing myself to hit send I deleted the message. I wasn't bored. I was folding laundry. Yes, this task is somewhat dull but what gave me the right to say that I was bored?

I was taking advantage of the life that I am lucky to live. There are so many people who don't have the chance to do simple things like laundry.

When you're physically paralyzed and unable to move it is fair to say that you're bored. Any other situation, though, needs to be appreciated.

I am so lucky for the life I was given. I have had the usual ups and downs of any typical teenager. My parents went through a rough divorce, but still love me more than anything. I have a close relationship with my siblings. My grandparents are still young and healthy. I am successful at both my school and my job. I keep in shape and stay healthy. My boyfriend cares about me and supports me through everything. I love my family and friends. I just love my life.

Instead of sending an answer to this question that caused me to think more deeply than I had in quite a long time, I simply responded "I love you." My life is too busy and full of love to ever be bored.


No comments:

Post a Comment